Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow and Ice - An Etsy Treasury

I love staying home, but even I'm getting cabin fever from being snowbound.  Hopefully I don't go insane like  Jack Nicholson in "The Shining".  Hey now there's a book I haven't read for awhile...I remember I listed it as my favorite book when I was a senior in highschool......Good grief, is that book that old?  Am I that old?!  Fifty this year......ummmm, yeah, that's not old!!!!   Fifty is the new 30, didn't I hear that somewhere or did I just make that up to make myself feel better?.....lol

I'm participating in the  Great Handmadeology Chain Game Treasury Challenge.  The challenge is to keep creating treasuries that feature those artists who have featured you.  Some people, I notice, make GaJILLIONS of treasuries......I,  however, am almost a treasury making virgin.  

I made my first one a couple of weeks ago, and it....took.....HOURS!!  I don't even know how many times I'd be almost finished, then forget and hit the back button without saving and it all..just...disappeared.  Then I didn't realize the importance of contacting all the featured artists so they'd click and comment, so needless to say, my first treasury was a flop in terms of views, comments, and clicks. 

My second one called "Winter Wonderland" was a smashing success in comparison, 180 some views, a bunch of clicks and comments, plus it was a little faster to put together although still time consuming.  This one is called "Snow and Ice" in dubious honor of the copious amounts of snow and ice we've had in the past week, not to mention the fact that here in Northwest Arkansas we got about 6" more and it's not supposed to stop for the whole day!   If I start looking crazier than normal and start wielding an axe of some kind, blame it on Stephen King.

'Snow and Ice' by primalpainter

Ice and snow can be as beautiful as this Handmadeology treasury.

P S I Love You Vintage Sterl...

$28.00
Snowflake Star Beveled Glass...

$29.99
Genuine Sky Blue Topaz facet...

$11.00
Artisan Earrings - Sterling ...

$39.00
Hair Fork 5 Prong Curly Mapl...

$85.00
Hand Dyed Silk Scarf-Plum Pi...

$32.00
SNOW ANGEL 2 . framed mini p...

$12.00
Sevilla Stunning Filigree Ea...

$27.90
6x8 Silver Boules Deluxe Fra...

$23.00
Crochet Silver and White Cry...

$55.00
ACEO- Three Trees, an origin...

$9.00
Digital Collage Sheet/2 inch...

$3.50
Luxurious 7x10 Chocolate-Col...

$15.00
Wool felted scarf wrap hip w...

$64.00
Valentine SALE Necklace Wire...

$29.75
Photo Print - BREATH OF FRES...

$26.00


Lovely, isn't it!   Click on any of the pictures and you'll go straight to that item on Etsy. 

Come check me out on Etsy!

Primalpainter

No comments:

Post a Comment